Kim Miller-Urban, MA, Ed.S., LPA completed her undergraduate training in Psychology at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. Mrs. Urban conducted and published research in the areas of learning and memory in young children and completed her MA and Ed.S. at Marshall University in West Virginia where she worked as a psychologist in the public schools. Mrs. Urban has 11 years of experience as a Nationally Certified School Psychologist for the public schools in the states of West Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina. She has worked as a Behavior Liaison and Behavior Support to assist students with behavior difficulty for four years. Mrs. Urban evaluates and provides therapeutic interventions for a variety of developmental disabilities. She has worked extensively with the developmentally delayed, mentally impaired, learning disabled and emotionally disturbed, as well as individuals with pervasive developmental disabilities. Her special interest is in the area of autism. Mrs. Urban also works in other settings outside of the school system with over 15 years experience in the practice of psychology. In addition to the above experiences, she provides staff development and training on a variety of topics.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Administration of Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2)
- Psychological evaluations across disabilities and ages (pre-school to adult)
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Individual therapy (pre-school age children to adults) to address oppositional behavior, anxiety, depression, and grieving
- Family therapy
- Social skills training