Family Works Psychological Center, PLLC is a family-owned, family-oriented mental health and substance abuse clinic with three locations in Eastern North Carolina. We provide compassionate, state of the art counseling, therapy, and psychological services to children, adults, couples, and families in need of mental health or substance abuse evaluation and treatment.
Family Works was started by Guy Kashgarian, PhD, and Debora Kashgarian, PhD, licensed clinical psychologists with over 50 years of combined experience. Since 2003, we have been building a team of highly trained clinical specialists: psychologists, family therapists, psychotherapists, clinical social workers, and counselors. Our highly trained and diverse staff can quickly and accurately assess and address your needs.
Our psychotherapeutic specialists use their vast and personally unique perspectives, training, and experience to best assist you in identifying painful or unsatisfying patterns or relationships in your life, and help you to develop new approaches to these dilemmas. We believe that increasing freedom and creating new choices for clients will result in less painful, more joyful ways of living life the fullest.
We also provide Psychological Testing and Evaluation.
Our team includes specialists in the evaluation and treatment of a wide range of clinical disorders:
- Adjustment disorders related to difficult life events, crises, and losses
- Anxiety, panic disorders, phobias, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Personality disorders
- Severe and chronic mental illness, such as mood (e.g., Bipolar) and psychotic disorders
- Childhood disorders, including attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders (ADHD/ADD) and disruptive behavior disorders
- Autism spectrum, Asperger’s, and other developmental disorders
- Diagnosis of intellectual deficits
- Substance abuse and other addictions (pornography, gambling, etc.)
- Impulse control disorders
- Domestic conflict and violence
- Self-destructive behaviors
- Relationship problems, including marital and family conflicts, separation, divorce, custody, and visitation issues
- Sexual Identity concerns
We perform a variety of evaluations:
- Psychological evaluations
- ADD / ADHD evaluations
- Evaluations of intellectual deficits
- Screening for dementia and memory assessment
- Mental health and substance abuse evaluations
- Court-ordered evaluations for parental competency and guardianship
- Custody evaluations
- Disability evaluations
See links for staff and services available at each of our locations.