Family Works Psychological Center, PLLC is a family-owned, family-oriented mental health and substance abuse clinic with three locations in Eastern North Carolina. We provide compassionate, state of the art counseling, therapy, and psychological services to children, adults, couples, and families in need of mental health or substance abuse evaluation and treatment.
Family Works was started by Guy Kashgarian, PhD, and Debora Kashgarian, PhD, licensed clinical psychologists with over 50 years of combined experience. For over 10 years we have been building a team of highly trained clinical specialists: psychologists, psychiatrists, physician assistants, psychotherapists, family nurse practitioners, clinical social workers, and counselors. Our highly trained and diverse staff can quickly and accurately assess and address your needs.
Our psychotherapeutic specialists use their vast and personally unique perspectives, training, and experience to best assist you in identifying painful or unsatisfying patterns or relationships in your life, and help you to develop new approaches to these dilemmas. We believe that increasing freedom and creating new choices for clients will result in less painful, more joyful ways of living life to its fullest.
We also provide Psychiatric Services and Psychological Testing and Evaluation.
Our team includes specialists in the evaluation and treatment of a wide range of clinical disorders:
- Adjustment disorders
- Depression, anxiety, panic disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, (PTSD), and personality disorders
- Severe and chronic mental illness, such as mood (e.g., Bipolar) and psychotic disorders
- Childhood disorders, including attention defecit and hyperactivity disorders (ADHD) and disruptive disorders
- Autism spectrum, Asperger’s, and other developmental disorders
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Impulse Disorders and self-destructive behaviors
- Relationship problems, including marital and family conflicts, separation, divorce, custody, and visitation issues
- Sexual Identity concerns
We perform a variety of evaluations:
- Psychological and Psychiatric evaluations
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse evaluations
- Court-ordered evaluations for parental competency and guardianship
- Custody evaluations
- Disability evaluations
See links for staff and services available at each of our locations.